How fab you've found me! Stay a while and look around and if you need to get in touch then click info@fionamacneill.com!

Fiona Xx


Wednesday 26 August 2009

Rowan and George

Ooh the weddings have been coming thick and fast for me and I found myself back at the very stylish House for an Art Lover for another wonderful wedding...this time it was Rowan marrying George!
Picture the weather from hell - well luckily that was the day before and it did not stop raining for one minute! I think everyone was slightly concerned that Saturday would dawn wet,dark and quite miserable but by the time I'd caught up with George at his flat, the sun was breaking through and things were drying out!!! Phew - so George and his best man Dustin (and his lovely wife Sarah) had a very relaxed morning getting ready and just hanging out. There were little glimpses of nervousness but nothing too severe! George was his usual happy, sparkly self!
I left them to it and met up with Rowan and her girls at Hotel Du Vin. Denise from A la Mode Hair and Make Up was busy perfecting Rowan's hair. It looked amazing and Rowan had bought a beautiful hair clasp which just finished the style off perfectly. It looked very intricate but Denise assured me it was very simply done - good job! I did my usual nosey and found all sorts of exquisite girly things. Shoes made just for Rowan, the most delicate lilac coloured bridesmaid's dresses and Rowan's gown! If I had had to guess which dress she would have chosen, I think I might have guessed correctly. It was so Rowan...willowy, elegant, simple yet stunning. I hung it up in the doorway in their suite and it just looked amazing!
Anyway, enough of the details. We arrived at The House and everything was in full swing -the guests were all there and ready for Rowan's arrival. I'm not sure if Rowan was very nervous but she arrived looking very happy and calm. She glided up to the house and silenced everyone when her Mum, Lorna, walked her down the aisle! Mandy Evans Ewing, the celebrant, gave a lovely service with some really nice touches courtesy of Rowan and George. It was all just perfect.
While the guests quaffed bubbly, I got down to business and got some lovely candids of all the guests. Once everyone was settled, I sneaked off with Rowan and George to the gardens for some time on our own. It was so nice to see them enjoying themselves as I know Rowan had been working very hard in the run up to the wedding.
Speeches were before dinner and they were superb. George's speech was so nice and he must have thanked everyone about a hundred times! After dinner there was a ceilidh downstairs and the band were amazing! I'm sure I've heard them before but they were called The Picts for your info. When I left the dance floor was full and everyone was happy!
Fxxx









No comments: