How fab you've found me! Stay a while and look around and if you need to get in touch then click info@fionamacneill.com!

Fiona Xx


Thursday 24 June 2010

Amanda and Neil in St Andrew's

I am being a little naughty here and blogging out of order but there is a certain gorgeous newly-wed in Indiana champing at the bit to see her wedding pictures and I don't want to keep her waiting any longer. Amanda was the sweetest bride ever and the planning and preparation that went into her wedding went above and beyond anything I've really known before. My lovely Wendy from Utopia Wedding Planning was the coordinator and I think I heard her say that they had exchanged more than 600 emails in the couple of years they were planning! I love that...I also think Amanda would make an amazing wedding planner and wouldn't be at all surprised if we heard about Utopia Wedding Services Indiana very soon!
Amanda and Neil got married amongst the historic ruins of St Andrew's Cathedral with 14 of their nearest and dearest there to witness their joy, love and happiness. I met with them a few days before the wedding for their pre-wedding shoot so knew that we would have no problems on the day. They were a little nervous at first but soon got into the swing of things and were kissing and cuddling all over St Andrews by the end of the shoot. Amanda loved the results and I'm sure it helped reassure her that she didn't need to worry about the photography on the day.
Amanda and her sister got ready at The Old Course Hotel in the morning with Mum and Dad there soaking up all the excitement and anticipation that comes with getting your hair and make up done, the flowers arriving and knowing that in a couple of hours time you will be a Mrs!
The ceremony was perfect with all Amanda's little touches adding to the loveliness of the day. There was also a little surprise for the guests when a little barn owl called Finnbar delivered the rings to Troy, the best man! It was amazing and very Harry Potterish! I believe they are big fans.
We had some group photos in the grounds of the cathedral and then we went down to the castle rock pool and beach for a short photo session. I just knew the pictures would be stunning. Everything was right...the light, the weather, the mood!
Back at the hotel, the guests were relaxing and admiring the views over the Old Course while we took the opportunity of having some fun on the Swilcan Bridge. Well you can't go to St Andrew's and not get some shots there! There was an American TV crew there filming for the forthcoming Open Championship so I hope they got some footage of us having a giggle.
Wonderful, emotional and funny speeches preceded dinner and then the dancing started! Mike, my favourite video guy (from RPL Weddings) caught the first 3 dances on DVD but I managed to get some fab shots of them too. The third dance was a bit of a surprise when Amanda and her Dad, Randy performed the most hilarious mash up. I have never seen anything like it and had to keep remembering I was still working and not just gawping!
So, it was a wonderful day of joy, laughter, tears, emotion but most of all love. Weddings are always emotional for me, but this one just got me. I loved being a part of their day and wish them more love and happiness in their life together.
They are having a party for friends and family back home this weekend so I hope they all love the pictures. I have chosen just a teeny tiny few to post here so I hope you enjoy.
Fxxx
















4 comments:

Amanda said...

Fiona....you are a Goddess!!!!!!! I absolutely love them!!! I cannot wait to see the rest!!! I am so so so glad that you were there to capture everything - you really made our day special! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You are PERFECT! :)

Kathy said...

Dearest Fiona...Thank you for the beautiful words and pictures, your talent will help us to remember this special day for years to come. It was such a pleasure to have you a part of our big day, everyone we met in Scotland made us feel welcome. You are an amazing photographer, and I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. Thank you again for everything, Love, Mum Arnold

Fee said...

Oh don't! I am so touched and so relived that you love them! There are about 230 more so brace yourselves.....xxxx

Unknown said...

These are spectacular! Fiona, you did an absolutely, fantastic job capturing the details! It has to be easy with such a stunning bride! Having Amanda as my best friend, and being unable to attend Scotland - just through these few pictures - the details are pouring. I can not wait to see the rest! Until then - I'll "google" over these! :)