How fab you've found me! Stay a while and look around and if you need to get in touch then click info@fionamacneill.com!

Fiona Xx


Tuesday 15 June 2010

Kate and John - with much love x

Oh my poor neglected Blog has been playing on my conscience over the last month so I have finally found a spare hour or two to blog about all my lovely wedding clients and their happy days. Now, you may think that blogging is a simple, easy thing to do - especially for a blether like me but its not...its a very complicated process using all sorts of technical wizardry, which I find hugely challenging! Anyway, I'll stop complaining and tell you a little bit about Kate and John. I know them through mutual friends and during the planning process, they have become dear friends. I like to get to know my clients so that when the day dawns, we are all familiar and comfortable around each other; it makes everyone more relaxed and the resulting photographs are always the bets they can be.
So, under an impossibly blue sky in North Berwick, Kate and John tied the knot after a year of planning. The ceremony and reception was at The Marine Hotel and I have to say that everything went according to plan, much to Kate's delight and relief. Kate wore a stunning blush pink gown by Linea Raffaelli and her bridesmaids were in a beautiful, regal purple. Her niece, Nina (good name!!!) wore a cute warm gold dress and looked every bit of a beautiful flower princess!
John get ready with his boys at the hotel too and I spent some time with them in a very small, warm room! I always like to get some shots of the boys getting ready although I'm not sure the feeling is always mutual! John forgot how to tie a bow tie and the rest of them were getting hotter and hotter by the minute and wishing they could strip back off again! I have posted a shot of John below with his 'wedding face' on! John was the best man at my friends Emma and David's wedding a few years ago and I have an identical shot of him with the same expression. I love this shot and it just sums up John!
The ceremony was lovely and there were a few sniffles when Kate's two dear friends did their readings. I must admit I had a we bubble too but soon after everyone was happy again and the rest of the day followed suit. The weather was amazing and everyone braved the fierce wind for an outdoor drinks reception. I sneaked off onto the golf course with Kate and John for a ten minute photo session and we didn't even have to dodge one golf ball.
The speeches were emotional, funny, moving and just really nice. I love the speeches and always get the most amazing shots of love and laughter. After dinner, the cake was cut and the dancing commenced. I was pooped so shot off home but was assured that the band and party at night was one to remember with some of the boys drinking well into the wee small hours.
I have posted some of my favourite shots below and hope you enjoy them. Kate and John are a truly special couple and I can't wait to show them the gorgeous album I'm designing for them!
Fxxx












That's all for today but I'll be back in the land of Blog on Thursday...Nan and Brian's wedding next xxx

No comments: