How fab you've found me! Stay a while and look around and if you need to get in touch then click info@fionamacneill.com!

Fiona Xx


Wednesday 10 October 2007

Sarah and Neil

I have no voice!! I have got this nasty virus and it has gone straight to my throat. I have been in bed since Monday and feel rotten but my clients are still waiting to see their lovely images from the end of September so I've dragged myself out to the studio....oh never mind! I'll just get on with the story of Sarah and Neil! They booked me last year but I only met Neil a few months ago when we met in Leith for their pre-wedding shoot. Neil is in the army and was in Germany until last month so it was Sarah who had done all the hard work and planning! I'm sure Neil won't mind me saying but she did a grand job!!! The wedding was fab and everything went to plan. Sarah has since told me that one of her favourite parts of the day was the morning in the house with the girls getting ready! I was ever so chuffed as I had managed to persuade Sarah to have a girly morning! The original plan was to head into North Berwick to have hair and make up done separately. Whilst this is fine; it's not as much fun as getting great hair and make-up artists out to the house or hotel and having it all done on sight. Anyway, she took my advice and they had a hoot! There was bubbly, hairspray and lip gloss everywhere but they all looked gorgeous and were super chilled! I must say that this really is the best way to spend your wedding morning! I hate to hear of brides darting about town in their veil and jeans from hairdresser to beauticians - not relaxing and wind and rain are a threat!
Anyway, Neil had a boys lunch in the pub in Dirleton and I arrive in time to catch them walking down to the church. Neil had his guard of honour with him and sheesh - did they look dapper or what?! I do love a uniform but there's was really striking. The service was lovely and the minister let me shoot the ceremony from a great spot. Its important that some of the ceremony is captured forever but sadly, a lot of ministers don't allow photography during the service. I intend to write about this at a later date.
After the service and very exciting guard of honour, it was off to the Marine in North Berwick for bubbly and canapes and lots of windswept fun on the golf course!
I enjoyed myself so much that day and the speeches were brilliant too. Sarah and Neil had a short honeymoon in a secret location up north before relocating to the south of England where Neil will be posted for the next few years. I wish them all the best in their new life and can't wait to see them next month when they come up to choose their album images!

Here are a few of my favourite images from the day that tell their story!









No comments: