How fab you've found me! Stay a while and look around and if you need to get in touch then click info@fionamacneill.com!

Fiona Xx


Friday 27 July 2007

So much to say....

Oops - I've not blogged for a week! I do have a valid excuse though...we are getting ready for our holidays! Hurrah - we are off to France tomorrow night. We really can't wait but getting prepared to go away is always challenging and very time consuming. There is so much that has to be put in place ready for me coming back!
Anyway, the holiday will be amazing and I will be able to relax and unwind for almost 3 weeks in the sun with Jason and 'the boy'. I am taking the camera so I will post some pictures when I get back.

So, what else has happened in a week? I met a fabulously unique couple called Caz and Igor. They want me to shoot their wedding in August this year! I could hardly refuse when they told me the plan! There is a teeny island in Loch Leven near Glencoe and they have organised a little rowing boat to take them over and get married there! It all sounded wildly romantic and so unique that I jumped at the chance! I have posted a picture of the island courtesy of Igor! The area has great significance to them both and I love when a wedding is driven by emotion and sentimentality. It makes it so much more interesting and meaningful.

There will only be 6 of us on the island for the ceremony. Caz and Igor, their Humanist minister, a musician, myself and my friend Jane who is going to be a witness! I love every random detail of this wedding and can't wait to write about it and post some images from the day!

I also got to show wedding images to my clients Lora and Stephen who got married on the 7th of July. They are just back from Italy where they had a wonderful honeymoon! They loved their images and we spent yesterday afternoon choosing the images that will be in their album! Its very exciting and nerve-wracking showing wedding images to clients because you want them to love them but worry they won't! Thankfully, my clients always love their pictures and it feels so amazing to give them back their memories!

I always put together a slideshow of images and set it to music and I love that the groom can see what the bride was doing on the morning of the wedding and vice versa! I love it when they watch the ceremony pictures and sometimes have a wee cry! I love it when they see the pictures of the speeches and it brings it all back to them -the laughs, the tears, the happiness, the joy - every emotion under the sun! I have the best job in the world!

I have chosen a handful of my favourite images from their day. Lora was so beautiful and Stephen just smiled all day. It was lovely!




No comments: