How fab you've found me! Stay a while and look around and if you need to get in touch then click info@fionamacneill.com!

Fiona Xx


Tuesday 11 September 2007

oops!

I did it again! I have been so busy that I haven't had time to draw breath, never mind update my blog! Don't worry - during the quieter winter months I won't be able to stop blogging!!!

So, the reason I am so busy is this - I have shot 2 weddings during both of the last two weekends! I am shattered but it's been fun! I made a decision last year not to take any double weekend bookings but two weddings crept in as the people were just too nice to turn down! On the 1st of September, Karen and Andy tied the knot in Aberfoyle Church and then had an amazing reception in Karen's parents magnificent house on the banks of Loch Ard! They had the biggest marquee I had ever seen with a fabulous star light ceiling!!! Wow! The day after I whizzed down to Wedderburn Castle in the Borders to photograph Alison and George's Wedding. Alison and George are from Chicago and had brought their close friends and family with them to help them celebrate! It was a gorgeous wedding and the sun shone all evening for them.

Last weekend on the Friday, I shot Elaine and Martyn's wedding at Glenskirlie Castle which was fab. Elaine looked amazing and Martyn wore a traditional Welsh kilt which was really different. It was a very relaxed and happy day! We managed to squeeze in a pillow fight in The Honeymoon Suite and the pictures are brilliant! The day after it was Marianne and Steve's day with the most beautiful ceremony at Glasgow Cathedral and then a big party afterwards at St Andrews in the Square. The locations of the cathedral and the reception venue are both very urban with little or no greenery or parkland nearby so we had agreed that the pictures I would take would reflect this and not disguise it! It worked a treat and I can't wait to post some of their gorgeous pictures! You'll need to wait a little while longer to see shots form these weddings as I am taking my time working through them all!

Phew! I'm exhausted just talking about those weddings but what amazes me is the diversity and uniqueness of the weddings I am part of. Every week I attend a happy celebration but each one is so different from the one before. All my clients have such great taste and ideas to make their day so special. From intimate weddings on islands in the wilds of Scotland to the most amazing Castles or Stately Homes to stylish house parties...what other job combines such diverse locations with the rewarding task of working with people who are blissfully happy?!!! I love it!!

I have to sign off now but will be back with some exciting news later!

F x

No comments: