How fab you've found me! Stay a while and look around and if you need to get in touch then click info@fionamacneill.com!

Fiona Xx


Tuesday 4 September 2007

Viva la France

I know I haven't even touched on our amazing holiday in France so thought I'd blog, just a little about how marvellous it all was!
We had opted to visit a part of France that we hadn't visted before and had read about the regions called Poitou Charente and Charente Maritime, in the western side about half way down! We also decided to drive this year so that I could shop for bits and pieces for the house and the new office we have built. I love the French style and everything is so much cheaper. Jason thinks we could have done with a trailer to cart everything back but we managed to squash it all in!
Anyway, we had rented a farmhouse with our friends in a tiny hamlet called La Roche. The nearest towns to us were Saintes www.ot-saintes.fr/gbsainteshistorique.htm, St Jean d'Angely www.angely.net and Cognac www.westernfrancetouristboard.com/cognac.html all of which were so interesting and very different from eachother. My favourite was Cognac and we went there a couple of times. To think it houses all the Cognac producers, it is in fact a very small town. I found it all fascinating and we visited Le Domaine Rémy Martin which was just amazing. The whole place is massive with cellars and huge warehouses filled with barrels of Cognac. You can smell it in the air and just feel that something special is being created there! I could go on and on about it but won't! Just visit the website www.remy.com/ and read about this fascinating drink and brand for yourself.
Back at the farmhouse, we had a pool which was great and despite many trips to neighbouring towns, we managed lots of sun drenched days relaxing at the pool. The boy loved it!
I don't want to blog forever about the holiday, suffice to say, it is a gorgeous area of France for a holiday with so much to see and do but it's peaceful and very very pretty! We will definitely be back!
I haven't even mentioned the wine...better not, so here are some of my favourite holiday pics!




No comments: